Today, we celebrate our 4th anniversary of our date of incorporation! Here’s our fourth annual “Top 10 Accomplishments” that celebrate our milestones and achievements over the past year.
1. Strong growth. We grew our business by 30% this past year, which, coincidentally, is the same growth level as the previous year! This growth has come primarily from gaining new accounts, from the increase in our qualitative business, and from increased revenue on the products side of our business. This makes us the fastest growing full-service market research firm in Western Canada!
2. The launch of our Vancouver Insights Centre focus group facility. In late October, we acquired the focus group facility assets of SmartPoint Research, and re-furbished and re-branded the facility as Vancouver Insights Centre, catering to the rental and full-service qualitative part of our business. Since then, we have conducted well over 50 focus groups, and have recruited over 500 participants from our panel.
3. Our Your Insights panel is now at 25,000 people! We have grown our western panel from zero to nearly 25,000 people in a three-year period utilizing several dozen sources to recruit, what we believe to be, the best panel in Western Canada as evidenced by our success in predicting several elections over the past couple of years. We have also built a panel of Chinese and South Asian residents, and have recently embarked on building a national panel. This past year we conducted well over 150,000 interviews through our panel, and have spent over $50,000 in incentives.
4. Our 170th press release. On August 13th 2012, we did our first press release — since then, we’ve covered topics as diverse as transit referendums, charitable giving, discrimination, municipal elections, pipelines, dream employers, bridge tolls, employee satisfaction, economic outlook, sex attitudes and behaviours, and many more. A recent independent media audit showed that Insights West generated DOUBLE the press coverage in the West of ALL other research companies combined (thanks Mario!). What does it mean for our clients? Reliability, trust, and brand recognition.
5. Charitable giving. Since I started this company, I wanted to ensure that we made a significant contribution back to the world in which we live, work and play. In the past year, we have helped about a dozen non-profit and charitable organizations through discounted research that we’ve conducted for them. In addition, we’ve also changed our incentive program for our panelists and have raised $10,000 this year for over a dozen organizations — ranging from the Azheimer Society to Variety – the Children’s Charity.
6. The hiring of Ron Cann and the launch of our qualitative practice. In September, we hired senior-level marketer Ron Cann, and named him SVP of Products and Qualitative Solutions. Shortly thereafter, we finalized the SmartPoint deal, launched our full-service qualitative offering, and hired three additional people to run our qualitative operations.
7. Successfully calling the federal election results and the Transportation Plebiscite. We tracked three waves of results in both BC and Alberta, watching the federal Liberals surge, culminating in an election victory that we predicted more closely than any other pollster in the country. Previous to that, we accurately predicted the transit plebiscite to a tee. This success in the past year, (along with our previous successful Alberta provincial election and mayoral races predictions) show that a well-balanced survey and and representative online panel can work accurately.
8. Our move to 1140 Homer. Two months after we opened our new focus group facility, our entire office and team moved from our Gastown roots to our beautiful new space in the heart of Yaletown. While we miss the ‘raw’ and ‘gritty’ realness of our old neighborhood, we are all enjoying the new restaurants and pubs in our region, and we get to enjoy our shiny new focus group facility and meeting rooms.
9. Building the norms of our Brand Reputation Insights product to 350 brands. Our product that combines corporate reputation, drivers of reputation and social media engagement via one survey instrument has now surpassed 350 brands in our database in just over three years, providing our clients with context and comparisons to market leaders, peers and competitors!
10. Over three dozen new clients chose to partner with us this year! We are proud to work with some of the best clients in the industry! With agency of record relationships won with Pacific Blue Cross, Canadian Western Bank, and the Vancouver Canucks, along with new clients like Modo, Child Health BC, Thompson Rivers University, Alpine Credits, the Vancouver Foundation, and many others. Thank you for your vote of confidence and for supporting our growing business!